R&D Electrical Engineer
Job Title: R&D Electrical Engineer (Embedded Control)
Location: Orem Headquarter Office
Reports to: R&D Manager
Wage Category: Exempt
Wage: DOE, includes full benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
Aribex seeks an analytical, innovative, and detail oriented individual with good communication and interpersonal skills. This position will focus on leveraging real time design, test-driven development, and sound embedded development processes to deliver quality products to our valued customers. The ideal candidate is comfortable with real-time embedded systems and understands code analysis and design. The candidate will have opportunities to write and debug C code interfacing with high voltage sensors and user control. This position will focus on current and future product development.
Come join a growing team focused on lean design development of brand new dental and medical imaging products where you will use and further develop your skills.
- Execute new product design, value engineering and production support projects.
- Establish hardware design requirements, traceability and review customer flow down requirements.
- Create circuit designs and select critical components. Perform circuit simulations and design analysis.
- Design for manufacturing and design for test for improved product reliability.
- Interface with mechanical packaging and software design teams.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause corrective action expertise for RMA’s and development prototypes.
- Apply the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost effective technical solutions, with heavy focus on high voltage design, reuse and knowledge management.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience with a focus on digital and mixed signal circuit design, preferably medical product design
- Experience with high reliability controller electronics and switching circuitry
- Understand analog and digital circuit design and analysis
- Experienced in digital circuit design, analysis support, and interface circuitry for: Microprocessors, DSPs, ADC, DAC, and FPGA
- Complete development life-cycle experience: requirements, design, development, integration, verification, and validation
- Debug mixed-signal circuit board assemblies using schematic and layout information
- Solve problems independently
- Produce clear documentation pertaining to hardware projects
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with FDA 21 CFR 1020 and IEC 60601 requirements for medical devices
- Experience with Lean Product Development
- Familiar with test protocol creation for medical device verification and validation
- Experience with eCAD software, preferably Altium Designer
- Experience with rapid prototype development practices
- Proven ability to work in a multi-functional development team
Please click here to apply for this position.
Aribex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.