OREM, Utah–December 11, 2008 – The Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum (UVEF) today announced winners of the 2008 Annual UVEF Awards. The awards spotlight outstanding Utah companies and leaders who have contributed at the highest level to business growth and their communities. Award recipients were recognized at ceremonies held today at Noah’s in Lindon.
“These recipients demonstrate the power of ideas coupled with sound management,” stated Shauna Theobald, chairman of the board, UVEF. “These companies and individuals represent the highest character and spirit that personify the term – entrepreneur.”
2008 Winners include:
- Utah Entrepreneur of the Year – John Edwards, Move Networks
- Most Innovative Product – Hand-held X-Ray, Aribex
- Ronald K. King Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Warner Woodworth
- Community Service Award – Todd Manwaring
- Greatest Contribution to Entrepreneurs – Paul Allen, Provo Labs
- Utah Valley’s Best Kept Secret – Reflect Scientific
The UVEF is a non-profit support group working to share knowledge and experience. As a nonprofit organization founded in 1989, the UVEF promotes the development and growth of entrepreneurial ventures by: providing networking opportunities, promoting recognition of business accomplishments and contributions, sharing business experiences, and by encouraging free enterprise. Information on upcoming meetings, speakers, and membership can be found at www.uvef.net.